Friday 19 July 2013

Review // Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free BB Stick (in 03 Radiance)



I don't own many face products i.e concealer, foundation, primer etc. as I've never been confident enough to apply them and finding the perfect shade has proven to be difficult. So in a bid to widen my horizons, I picked my Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine Free BB Stick. The instructions and application process looked easy enough so I thought, why not?


They say:

Clear Smooth BB Stick is a multi-benefit product that combines the benefits of skin care, make-up, and sun block in a stick. It gives you the ultimate coverage in a soft smooth texture. It lets you stay shine-free for up to 12 hours! Dermatologically tested. Recommended for oily or combination skin. Suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin.

Product Information


8-IN-1 Benefits:
1. Controls shine: Mineral clay formula helps keep skin shine-free all day
2. Lasts all day: Powder finish resits sweat and sebum for up to 12 hours
3. Clears: Reduces the appearances of dark spots, redness, fine lines, and wrinkles
4. Refines: Reduces the appearance of pores
5. Conceals: Instantly hides flaws and imperfections
6. Evens: Corrects uneven skin tone
7. Smoothens: Makes skin feel smooth, soft and supple
8. Protects: SPF 21 PA+++ protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays

- Shades available: 01 Fresh; 02 Natural; 03 Radiance
- Net wt. 10g

Packaging



The packaging is simple yet convenient as it comes in a lipstick-like tube. It's light weighted and the lip can be easily removed without any hassle, yet it's still quite secure so there are no fears with liquid bb cream leaking! To obtain more of the product, you just simply twist the bottom.

Texture/Swatch:





In the tube and when swatched, the texture is thick and creamy, but when blended, it 'disappears' into your skin into a more powdery finish. For me, it's fairly easy to blend (with fingertips) as I have oily skin so for those with dry skin, you may have a difficult time applying this.

It provides light coverage.
Here, I'm using the shade 03 Radiance.

Scent:

I'm really not a big fan of the scent :/ It smells plastic-y and really does not smell good!

My verdict:


Although I got the darkest shade (I believe), after I've blended it (with my fingers), it seems to leave a white cast over my face which I dislike! It does not look natural at all! So I think that blending with a brush might reduce this problem. 

I have oily skin and I must say that this BB cream gives a matte finish, although it does not stay shine-free for that long. As for oil control, it works fine.

I have a few scars and pores and although this does cover them up slightly, it is very light so for me, I would prefer something stronger.

Would I re-purchase it?


Probably not... I think I'll still use it for concealing dark circles and minor problem areas as it works quite well for that but I'm still on the hunt for a good BB cream/foundation/concealer (:

Have you tried this product before? If so, what was your experience with it?

P.S: I changed from the normal Blogger commenting system to a Disqus system, what do you think?
I also created a LookBook account for my fashion posts! If you like what you see, please do fan & hype me (:

post signature
Follow me on:
 Bloglovin' //Tumblr // Twitter // Lookbook //Pinterest // Google + //Google Friend Connect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10