Thursday 24 July 2014

Onwards & Upwards - a chatty one


  About 2 weeks ago, I received my IB results. To those of you that aren't familiar with what it is, it's an AP or A-levels equivalent 'leaving high-school' qualification. To say that that day was one of the most nerve-wracking days of my life is an understatement. The results only came out around 7:15pm so you can imagine what a lot of waiting around and nervous pacing I had to do. Basically, I tried to take my mind off that inevitable event and went to the arcade with a few friends. And why was I so worried? Because the results I hold will determine whether I go to my university of choice.

  Needless to say, Facebook erupted with a bunch of statuses before and after results were released online and I am most happy to say that...I exceeded my predictions!!!!!!!! Which made me an extremely happy camper :') I can honestly say that this is quite possibly the first time that I've been truly proud of myself. Considering how the IB is such a rigorous program and how I've been psyching myself out, feeling so sure that I've failed every single test... Anyway, after summer holidays, guess who will be in England? Meeeeeee! Starting an undergraduate degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics at the University of Warwick :') I've never been out of Asia (well, apart from Australia and New Zealand) and have lived in the same country almost all my life so I am pretty excited and nervous to be living in a foreign country for the next 3 years of my life. It will definitely be a huge change, the next chapter, a period where I'm going to have to be more independent than I ever was. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of change and prefer to stick to a routine...but this is a change that I am willing to take. Everyone goes on about how University is the best period of your life and in the words of my aunt, "You'll only regret what you did not do." so I'm super excited to see what's in store for me in the next couple of years and enjoy being in the UK and maybe even get to travel around Europe...something that I've been wanting to do forever.

  And of course, I hope to grow this little space and connect with international bloggers and maybe even meet some of the ones in the UK! (Jessica, I'm looking at you!) The next couple of months have loads of exciting things in store and I can't wait. England, here I come (:


Be right back, got a bunch of visa handling business to deal with ;)


P.S: Check out Darcy Clothing's 70% sale for summer & get a 10% off with 'darccy10'


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10